Seven years of neighbourly patronage of The Arcola Theatre recently led to my first Radio 4 documentary commission. A Tale of Two Theatres was broadcast on 3rd April and will be aired again on the BBC World Service on 13th May. Here’s a taste of how artistic director Mehmet Ergen’s work in Hackney is only half the story, as he lifts the curtain on the politics of performance in Turkey, in the wake of Taksim Square.
- 6,633 hits
- 'I wanna go to there!' So proud of my old pal @unlikelylad broadcasting live on #TheSurgery @bbcR1 #SummerOfSex now: bbc.in/2tPmnf4 1 day ago
- #HealthInequality in TB,trauma&tech + @ilovebacteria @MichaelMarmot @LynneJonespsych @JohnAPowell #bbcstw rpt @21:30 bbc.in/2rOiYvq 3 days ago
- @MichaelMarmot Via @JudyRob9 Michael Marmot incisive on poverty & powerlessness determining health #bbcstw. But why do we forget so easily? 3 days ago
- Poetry 'adds to the stock of available reality' @KayoChingonyi on the transformative power of art on #bbcstw today: bbc.in/2rStNA0 1 week ago
- Still recovering from #GregHicks' electrifying closing performance as #RichardIII @arcolatheatre- a powerful ensemble driven by a dynamo. 1 week ago