Seven years of neighbourly patronage of The Arcola Theatre recently led to my first Radio 4 documentary commission. A Tale of Two Theatres was broadcast on 3rd April and will be aired again on the BBC World Service on 13th May. Here’s a taste of how artistic director Mehmet Ergen’s work in Hackney is only half the story, as he lifts the curtain on the politics of performance in Turkey, in the wake of Taksim Square.
- 6,653 hits
- The view from the sound desk @RoundhouseLDN tonight- luckily the atmosphere from #JohnnyFlynn & co. permeated the e… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- @Majidad7 Hello Majid, how are you? Did you receive my email this morning about a possible BBC World Service interview?Hope to speak soon,KM 1 week ago
- 'I have a handbag full of hell' - for me the most enticing line from tonight's stellar line up @PoetryBrotheLdn, courtesy of @keleigh_wolf. 1 week ago
- 1 of the BBC's #100Women,rapper @ChocolateRemix took @MacaTuits to her gig in Buenos Aires for #TheCulturalFrontline bbc.in/2giVT19 2 weeks ago
- First visit to @MigrationUK tracing 'the huge plaited thread of history' -to quote @MichaelRosenYes- on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago