Seven years of neighbourly patronage of The Arcola Theatre recently led to my first Radio 4 documentary commission. A Tale of Two Theatres was broadcast on 3rd April and will be aired again on the BBC World Service on 13th May. Here’s a taste of how artistic director Mehmet Ergen’s work in Hackney is only half the story, as he lifts the curtain on the politics of performance in Turkey, in the wake of Taksim Square.
- 6,682 hits
- RT @sogolsur: Happy Poetry Day! Here's a lil poem from Sorrows of the Sun for the #worldpoetryday dedicated to… instagram.com/p/BglbjDWDHYV/ 1 day ago
- @galerist Hello Marat, how are you? I'd like to speak to you about a BBC World Service arts programme- please could… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- RT @bbcworldservice: Have we got depression wrong? Author @johannhari101 who took anti-depressants for more than a decade, thinks we have.… 1 week ago
- RT @Elif_Safak: #DünyaKadınlarGünü kutlu olsun! Ne “romantik çiçek”, ne “kutsallaştırılmış ana”, ne “bayan”... Kadınların emeği, eşitliği,… 2 weeks ago
- RT @bbcworldservice: These images of women on their period are greeting commuters in Stockholm. For more listen/download 📻: https://t.co/FL… 2 weeks ago