Seven years of neighbourly patronage of The Arcola Theatre recently led to my first Radio 4 documentary commission. A Tale of Two Theatres was broadcast on 3rd April and will be aired again on the BBC World Service on 13th May. Here’s a taste of how artistic director Mehmet Ergen’s work in Hackney is only half the story, as he lifts the curtain on the politics of performance in Turkey, in the wake of Taksim Square.
- 6,690 hits
- RT @ManBookerPrize: We’re delighted to announce that our #MBI2018 winner is Flights by Olga Tokarczuk, translated by @jenniferlcroft and pu… 3 days ago
- RT @100voices100ye1: WE DID IT! Day 100 of #100voicesfor100years - since 6 Feb we have celebrated a different story by a female storyteller… 1 week ago
- For a cultural perspective on post-election #Malaysia listen to #BBCCulturalFrontline with @TinaDaheley & @mulutmata bbc.in/2rL23vK 1 week ago
- RT @bbcworldservice: ⚠️ Attention Harry Potter fans! ⚠️ Have you ever spotted hidden messages in the films? These graphic artists spill so… 3 weeks ago
- RT @englishpen: This #WorldPressFreedomDay we're asking all our members and supporters to take a few moments to show your support for write… 3 weeks ago